THE Department of Health (DOH) in Northern Mindanao reminded health professionals on Thursday, April 9, of their duty to report notifiable diseases and public health emergencies and threats based on the law.
This came after some doctors questioned the DOH's previous statement saying that the Covid-19 cases in the region are "contained."
Some health workers, in social media, said there are still many cases in private hospitals.
"Contained means no new cases so far, ang nangabot nga test negative tanan. Pero wala sukad nagsulti nga angay na magkumpyansa, sige gihapon mi nanawagan nga be vigilant. The DOH is neither alarmist nor dismissive of the public health threat of Covid-19," Dr. Ian Gonzales said, DOH-Northern Mindanao's Infectious Diseases Cluster head.
Since April 5, there are still six Covid-19 positive cases in the region, with one fatality.
As to the claim that cases are recorded in private hospitals, Gonzales urged the health professionals to report it to authorities.
"We have the obligation to report it according to Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Concern Act. Ang komunidad gatan-aw sa atong health professionals para sa abiso, so ato pud ning obligasyon to stick to facts ug unsa ang evidence," he said.
The law provides policies and procedures on surveillance and response to notifiable diseases, epidemics and health events that pose risk to public health and security.
"Before mo-post, let us think kung factual ba or dili maka-mislead. Remember, our common enemy is the virus. Let us not allow the virus to divide us," he added.