Under the EO, no one is allowed to leave the house from 12:01 a.m. of April 18 (Saturday) to 11:59 p.m. of April 19, 2020 (Sunday), and from 12:01 a.m. of April 25 (Saturday) to 11:59 p.m. of April 26, 2020 (Sunday).
"Saturdays and Sundays will be totally blocked off for everyone, except only to buy medicine. We will no longer allow everyone to go out of their houses," Treñas said.
He said the EO shall be known as the expanded ECQ (enhanced community quarantine) guidelines.
He said no person shall be allowed to go out of their respective houses during the period of the expanded ECQ and those who need to go to the hospital or pharmacy need to present a quarantine pass.
Wearing of mask is also mandatory in public places, he added.
Allowed to go out are the following:
- Department of Health (DOH) officials and staff
- Healthcare workers like doctors, nurses, all hospital staff and personnel
- Essential government personnel including the Iloilo City Covid-19 Team, Philippine National Police (PNP), Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Bureau of Fire and Protection (BFP), Philippine Army (PA), Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), Public Safety and Traffic Management Office (PSTMO), Iloilo City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office and those manning the Covid-19 check points found within Iloilo City
- Media practitioners provided that each media outfit shall first secure a permit from the Iloilo City Covid-19 focal person Dr. Roland Jay Fortuna
- Iloilo City Emergency Response team
- Other essential personnel recommended by Covid-19 Dr. Fortuna and approved by Treñas
The EO also stated that all establishments and business operations of whatever nature, including sari-sari store, talipapa and small convenience stores shall be closed during Saturdays and Sundays.
Only allowed to be opened are hospitals, medical clinics, pharmacies and drugstores.
Funeral parlors and other similar establishments are allowed to operate provided that mass gathering of persons shall not be allowed.
Other establishments that operate beyond 8 p.m. may be allowed to operate during the expanded ECQ provided that they provide accommodations of their personnel.
The borders of Iloilo City, including land and sea, will be closed except for those who are allowed in the EO 63.
An appropriate administrative or criminal charges may be filed for all persons who knowingly break protocol and endanger the lives of the residents of Iloilo City, said Treñas. (SunStar Philippines)