TOO much Covid-19. Covid-19 is too much! Let’s leave that “veeroos” for a while and do something that a lot, especially in social media, are doing to divert our attention from the negative vibes and have a bit of fun.
My apo just gave me a riddle early today and I thought, “Hey, why not hand out riddles for this issue just to give the readers a bit of a break from the stress wrought by this pandemic?” There are many things we can do to engage our minds. In the end, it doesn’t even matter, as long as there are smiles on everyone’s faces. Remember, the family that laughs together, stays together!
1. A man was driving a black truck. His lights were not on. The moon was not out. A lady was crossing the street. How did the man see her?
2. If six children and two dogs were under an umbrella, how come none of them got wet?
3. A doctor and a boy were fishing. The boy was the doctor’s son, but the doctor was not the boy’s father. Who was the doctor?
4. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
5. What belongs to you, but is used more by others?
6. If, having only one match, on a freezing winter day, you entered a room, which contained a lamp, a kerosene heater, and a wood-burning stove, which should you light first.
7. What comes down but can never go up?
8. What type of cheese is made backwards?
9. What can be as big as an elephant but weigh nothing?
10. In a one-story pink house, there was a pink person, a pink cat, a pink fish, a pink computer, a pink chair, a pink table, a pink telephone, a pink shower, everything was pink! What color were the stairs?
11. Two mothers and two daughters went out to eat, everyone ate one burger, yet only three burgers were eaten in all. How is this possible?
12. A man was outside taking a walk when it started to rain. The man didn’t have an umbrella and he wasn’t wearing a hat. His clothes got soaked, yet not a single hair on his head got wet. How could this happen?
13. Imagine you’re in a room that is filling with water. There are no windows or doors. How do you get out?
14. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?
15. Name four days of the week that start with the letter “t”?
16. I’m full of keys, but I can’t open any door. What am I?
17. What is a word comprised of four letters, still is also made of five? Occasionally written with 12 letters and later with five. Never written with five but happily with seven.
18. What starts with a “P”, ends with an “E,” and has thousands of letters?
19. If you give me water, I will die. What am I?
20. Pretend you have three dollars and, you get three more. How much money do you have?
21. I am a riddle that the answer is gone. Get it right, you have until dawn. What is it?
22. What word is the same if you turn it upside down and backwards?
23. I appear in every minute and second but never in a thousand months.
24. You can drop me from the tallest building and I will be well, but if u drop me in the water I die. What am I?
25. What’s more precious than rubies, more lasting than gold, what can never be traded, stolen or sold, what comes with great effort, takes time but then once yours, will serve you again and again?
Keep safe, stay at home and stay sane everyone!
(Answers: 1. It was a bright, sunny day; 2. Because it wasn’t raining; 3. His mother; 4. The letter M; 5. Your name; 6. The match of course; 7. Rain; 8. Edam; 9. The elephant’s shadow; 10. There weren’t any stairs, it was a one story house; 11. They were a grandmother, mother and daughter; 12. The man was bald; 13. Stop imagining; 14. Footprints; 15. Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow; 16. A piano; 17. What, Still, Occasionally, Later, Never, Happily; 18. The Post Office!; 19. Fire; 20. 0 you’re pretending!; 21. Gone; 22. Suns; 23. The letter E; 24. Paper; 25. Knowledge).