WE LAUNCHED Liloan Art Thrive a little over three weeks ago in the hopes of providing an outlet for people trying to cope with the stresses of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The response has been both overwhelming and hopeful. Thank you so much for your support. I hope that this little passion project has given you and your families hope and joy in these trying times.
Now that we have awarded the winners for our Art Pot Painting, and our art and painting workshops are underway, we come to the final leg of Liloan Art Thrive: the Painting Competition.
Seeing the resilience, discipline, courage, and unity of the Cebuanos throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, the theme for the Liloan Art Thrive Painting Competition is: Sugbuanon: Gugma ug Paglaum
The competition is open to all Cebuanos of Filipino citizenship currently living in the cities and municipalities of Cebu who are 13 years old and above. Participation is for FREE.
There will be two (2) categories for participating artists: Professional and Non-professional.
1. The following medium may be used for the artwork: oil, acrylic, or mixed media.
2. The artwork shall be on stretch-framed canvas with minimum dimensions of 20 inches by 24 inches and maximum dimensions not exceeding 40 inches by 48 inches.
3. Each artist may submit only one (1) entry.
1. Like the Liloan Art in the Park Facebook page.
2. Register and send your entry by sending a private message to the Liloan Art in the Park Facebook page indicating the following:
A. INFORMATION ON ARTIST
Complete Residential Address:
Category: (Indicate Professional or Non-Professional)
a. A copy of any valid ID showing proof of age, citizenship, and residence in Cebu.
b. A recent profile photo of the artist.
B. INFORMATION ON ARTWORK
Title of Artwork:
Artist’s statement/description of artwork:
Send 4 colored photographs of the artwork that have not been digitally enhanced:
a. 1 full shot of the artwork by itself
b. 1 close-up shot of the artwork
c. 1 progressive shot of the artwork while painting is being done
d. 1 photograph of the artwork with the artist beside it.
3. Post photos of your artwork on Facebook and tag the Liloan Art in the Part Facebook page with the hashtags #LiloanArtThrive #SugbuanonGugmaugPaglaum
Deadline for the electronic submission of artworks is June 8, 2020.
1. The administrator of the Liloan Art in the Park Facebook page shall inform artists of shortlisted entries via Facebook Messenger on June 9, 2020, and coordinate for pick up of actual work.
2. Names of shortlisted entries shall also be posted on the Liloan Art in the Park Facebook Page.
Judging and criteria
1. A panel of judges shall be convened to judge the artworks on the following Criteria:
Creativity and Originality -- 20%
Relevance to the Theme -- 35%
Quality of Composition -- 20%
Visual Execution -- 25%
3. The decision of the panel of judges shall be final.
Winners will be announced on June 12, 2020.
The following prizes will be given in each of the two categories:
Grand prize: P25,000
Courage Award: P20,000
Hope Award: P15,000
Grand prize: P15,000
Courage Award: P10,000
Hope Award: P5,000
All cash prizes are personally sponsored by Congressman Duke Frasco and Mayor Christina Frasco. No government funds will be used in this Competition. (PR)