THE Cebu City government has distributed 100,000 surgical masks to barangays with the most number of Covid-19 cases.
City Administrator Floro Casas Jr. said they are prioritizing barangays Suba, Tejero, Mambaling, Labangon, Carreta, Bacayan, Sawang Calero and Luz in the distribution of these masks.
Casas added that they started distributing last week through the officials of each barangay.
He said there are 500,000 face masks that are still in their custody and are yet to be distributed to barangays and barangay isolation centers where asymptomatic patients are temporarily housed.
As per the Department of Health 7’s recommendation, these barangays are still under enhanced community quarantine because many of the residents tested positive for antibodies during the rapid testing done from May 9 to 20, 2020.
A reliable source also said the status of these barangays are being monitored by health personnel and barangay officials and that it is possible to implement a lockdown by sitio, not necessarily the entire barangay.
Under Mayor Edgardo Labella’s Executive Order No. 79 which placed Cebu City under general community quarantine, wearing of face masks shall still be observed, quarantine passes will still be required whenever one leaves home to buy essential goods and strict border controls will still be implemented. (PAC, CCP)