CAGAYAN DE ORO

48 firms in Northern Mindanao permanently close

FORTY-EIGHT firms in Northern Mindanao have permanently shut down their operations due to the effects of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic as of June 17, the National Economic Development Authority (Neda)-Northern Mindanao reported Tuesday, June 23.

Neda-Northern Mindanao Assistant Director Leonila Cajarte said the closure of these business establishments affected 813 workers.

On the other hand, 15 establishments have temporarily closed, affecting 424 employees, while 103 companies have reduced their workforce, affecting 1,409 workers.

So far, around 2,700 workers in Northern Mindanao are affected by the health crisis.

Cajarte said private sectors should adhere and strictly follow the safety protocols amid the "new normal" set-up.

"Nag-atubang kita sa new normal, that is why there will be adjustments for private sector kay sa karon wala pay vaccine we have to strictly follow physical distancing and safety protocols," Cajarte said.

The Neda-Northern Mindanao also reported that 542 infrastructure projects in the region were affected by the pandemic.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph