TACLOBAN

6-month-old baby among 25 new Covid-19 cases in Eastern Visayas

Photo by Pexels.

A SIX-MONTH-OLD infant is among the 25 latest confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in Eastern Visayas on Monday, June 29, 2020.

Eastern Visayas Regional Covid-19 Testing Center (EVRCTC) released a total of 547 laboratory results, with 521 negative and 26 positive for Covid-19, to include one repeat swab of Patient EV-77, who is admitted to the Eastern Visayas Regional Medical Center (EVRMC) in Tacloban City.

Also included in the negative laboratory results were 106 samples of EVRMC employees and 25 from the Department of Health (DOH)-Eastern Visayas regional office.

The 25 new confirmed Covid-19 cases are tagged as Patients EV-500 to EV-524.

They are from Tabontabon (1); Leyte, Leyte (1); Ormoc City (2); Bato, Leyte (9); Kananga, Leyte (1); Barugo, Leyte (3); Maasin City, Southern Leyte (4); San Juan, Southern Leyte (1); San Sebastian, Samar (1); Daram, Samar (1); and Victoria, Northern Samar, (1).

Divine Word Hospital Virology Laboratory (DWHVL) also released a total of 41 laboratory results and all are negative, according to DOH-Eastern Visayas.

Meanwhile, Barugo Mayor Macel Avestruz said the three confirmed Covid-19 cases in her town were all “asymptomatic.”

“Ha pagkayana, an aton Munisipyo is on top of the situation. Aadto po ini hira nga mga nagpositibo ha aton Municipal Ligtas Covid Center nga kon diin nababantayan hira ngan napapanginano,” Avestruz said.

“Hira in ig-rerequest for transfer ha EVRMC agud matagan hin isakto nga medikal nga atensyon. Padayon kita pag-ampo para han ira malaksi nga kaupay,” added the mayor.

The three Covid-19 cases are identified as a 65-year-old male from Barangay Canomantag, who arrived from Caloocan City on June 16, 2020, onboard Air Asia flight number C2331, with seat number 9F; an 83-year-old female from Barangay San Roque, who arrived from Taguig City on June 17, 2020, onboard Air Asia flight number C2331, with seat number 7D; and a six-month-old male infant, grandson of the 83-year-old female who came from Taguig City, onboard flight number C2331, with seat number 19C.

In Maasin City, Mayor Nacional Mercado confirmed the four new cases in the city.

“So far, all of them are asymptomatic. The said locally stranded individuals are already isolated in our isolation center. They will then be closely monitored by our local health personnel, so there is no chance to be in contact with the general public,” Mercado said.

“To alleviate the worries of all Maasinhons, our established contract tracing team already started tracing those who have primary exposure to the said patients as well as the secondary contacts. They will then be immediately isolated and mandatorily be subjected to RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) Test,” he added.

Mercado urged the public not to panic, saying that the situation is under control.

“Always remain calm, and strictly observe the established Covid-19 infection-prevention and control measures set forth by the government,” the mayor said. (SunStar Philippines)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph