CEBU

Sitio on lockdown

OFF LIMITS. All roads leading to Sitio Mabuhay in Barangay Poblacion, Daanbantayan have been blocked after the area was placed on lockdown. Five residents tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019. (Contributed photo)

A TOTAL of 88 families were affected after local police placed Sitio Mabuhay in Barangay Poblacion in the northern town of Daanbantayan on lockdown Thursday, July 2, 2020.

Capt. Ian Macatangay, Daanbantayan police chief, told Superbalita Cebu that they implemented the lockdown after five residents in the sitio tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), including family members of Mayor Sun Shimura’s driver.

The mayor tested positive for Covid-19 in June.

Once news of several Covid-19 cases in the sitio was confirmed, Macatangay enlisted the help of barangay officials, headed by Poblacion Barangay Captain Melissa de Leon, to implement the protocol.

Macatangay said they are conducting contact tracing in the area.

All the alleys in the sitio have been blocked to prevent the spread of the virus.

So far, officials have not received any complaints from residents regarding the lockdown.

The Municipal Government is taking steps to provide assistance to affected residents.

Macatangay urged residents to be understanding as these measures are only for the good of everyone. (GPL, CBQ)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph