BAGUIO

738 Benguet police test negative for coronavirus

LA TRINIDAD, Benguet -- Out of the 813 Benguet Provincial Police Office (PPO) personnel who underwent Covid-19 testing, 738 yield negative results.

During the Provincial Inter Agency Task Force Meeting on July 6, Benguet PPO Director Colonel Elmer Ragay said a total of 813 police personnel underwent testing.

Six were tested positive, while results for 69 personnel remain pending and 130 have not yet been tested for the new coronavirus.

Ragay said there is a decrease in the crime rate for Benguet from March 16 to July 4 compared to the same period last year, while the crime efficiency spiked in the province.

Benguet Governor Melchor Diclas said the province remain under gender community quarantine until July 15, supporting the move of the National IATF placing back Benguet from modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) to GCQ.

The chief executive remain hopeful Covid-19 cases will go down even as expanded testing continues in the province.

Diclas said there are 43 confirmed Covid-19 cases, with 38 already recovered and five active cases.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph