PAMPANGA

Porac seafarer tests positive for Covid-19

PORAC -- A seafarer, who has been in the country for five months, turned out to be coronavirus-positive after a recent trip to Metro Manila.

An official statement from the Municipal Government of Porac said that the seafarer is a native of Barangay Sepung Bulaon and is now residing in Cavite province.

The overseas worker arrived in the country in August last year. Last June 30, the said patient visited Sepung Bulaon but was placed under monitoring as he came from another province.

The patient allegedly broke his quarantine and left without notice on July 8. The patient went to Metro Manila to arrange requirements for possible deployment.

The patient’s company required him to undergo swab testing a prerequisite for deployment. He underwent swab testing on July 8.

The patient’s results came in on June 10 and he was found to be positive for the novel coronavirus.

Local health officials immediately started to contact tracing and placed eight close contacts under monitoring and immediate swab testing at the Diosdado Macapagal Memorial District Hospital.

All of the patient’s secondary contacts are also under quarantine.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph