PAMPANGA

3 Kapampangan OFWs test negative for Covid, sent home

SEND-OFF. 'Balik Pinas, Balik Pampanga Program' Chief Implementer Angelina Blanco (2nd, L) and Provincial Information Officer Joel Mapiles (L) led the send-off ceremony of Kapampangan overseas Filipino workers at Capitol Compound, City of San Fernando. (Pampanga PIO)

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO -- After being quarantined for four days, at least three repatriated Kapampangan overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who tested negative for the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) were sent home on Sunday, July 12, 2020.

A simple send-off ceremony for the OFWs was held at the Capitol Grounds here led by Angelina Blanco, one of the chief implementers of the program.

The said OFWs arrived in the country via Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) last week and were fetched back to the province through the “Balik Pinas, Balik Pampanga Program” of the provincial government led by Governor Dennis “Delta” Pineda.

The OFWs received their reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test results Monday, after undergoing mandatory quarantine at New Clark City (NCC) Athlete’s Village, a quarantine facility designated for Pampanga.

Blanco identified the OFWs as Kristina Manalansan from Lubao town, Julie Visda, and Vernon Vergara from this city.

She welcomed the OFWs and ensured the safe return of repatriates to their families and loved ones amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

“Our OFWs have sacrificed so much working abroad that’s why the least we can do is to help them go home safe back to their families. Governor Pineda prioritizes the safety and security of our Kapampangan OFWs,” she said.

Manalansan, meanwhile, expressed her gratitude to Pineda for looking after the welfare of the OFWs.

“Maswerte ang mga taga-Pampanga may ganitong programa ang governor, which is talagang secure ka from the airport hanggang sa pag-uwi mo, walang magiging problema, she shared.

Vergara also lauded the efforts extended by the provincial government for OFWs like them.

“Maraming-marami salamat po Governor Pineda lalong-lalo na sa programang ito. Marami po itong natutulungang Kabalen na OFW na nagsasakripisyo upang mag-trabaho sa ibang bansa,” he said.

Blanco, meanwhile, asked for the full cooperation and understanding of Kapampangan OFWs who wish to avail of the program.

“Humihingi po kami ng pasensya sa mga Kabalen nating gustong mag-apply. We need to follow the strict 10-day registration policy for our logistics and iba pang requirements na kailangan i-comply sa airport para po mapaghandaan natin ang inyong pagdating. Sana maintindihan niyo po ang stand ng provincial government,” she said.

To date, there are a total of five Kapampangan repatriates who are still waiting for their test results at NCC. While some 24 OFWs who registered under the said program are expected to arrive next week. (Luisse Rutao/Pampanga PIO)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph