THE moratorium on the movement of locally stranded individuals (LSIs) in Negros Occidental has been officially lifted today, July 15, following a two-week suspension.
In a document signed by Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) OIC-Regional Director Juan Jovian Ingeniero, he explained that as part of regulating the arrival of LSIs in the region, he advised all local chief executives to inform their LSIs, through their respective help desk of their arrangements.
A prior coordination to their receiving local government units may be explored to ensure that the LSIs travel will be properly arranged.
Although travel for LSIs in the region has now resumed, the DILG regional director also clarified that the movement of LSIs originating from areas under enhanced community quarantine or modified enhanced community quarantine is currently prohibited until further notice.
Negros Occidental Provincial Disaster Management Program Division head, Dr. Zeaphard Caelian, meanwhile, said the province has already prepared for the influx of LSIs arriving in the province, especially those coming from Metro Manila, and Cebu province.
He said they have been processing the release of LSIs who were at the quarantine facilities, especially their swab laboratory results.
Earlier this month, the national government's Inter-Agency Task Force approved the request of the governors and local chief executives in the region for a two-week suspension of the movement of LSIs in order to avoid overwhelming the quarantine facilities in the region.