BARBERSHOPS and salons in areas on general community quarantine (GCQ) are allowed to offer hair, nail and skin care services, except full body massage, beginning on Saturday, Aug. 1, 2020, according to the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).
However, the establishments are still subject to the same operational capacity as provided under Memorandum Circular 20-38, Series of 2020, and subject to strict protocol on hand sanitation, face mask and face shields, gloves and sterilized equipment.
Operating capacities shall remain at 30 percent in areas on GCQ and 50 percent in areas on modified GCQ (MGCQ).
The DTI released a list of guidelines that should be followed inside these establishments:
* masks must be worn at all times;
* social distancing must be observed;
* 10-minute interval for sanitation in between clients must be conducted;
* alternative methods of payment (if applicable) and of scheduling appointments must be available (e.g. online, text messaging);
* clients cannot bring companions unless absolutely necessary;
* floor mat or foot bath with disinfectant required at entrance;
* temperatures of clients must be checked before entering;
* establishment must provide alcohol to spray on client’s hands;
* clients must fill up health checklist;
* personal effects of clients, including bags, jackets and gadgets, must be disinfected and deposited in secured sanitary plastic bags;
* face shield must be distributed to clients during shampoo procedure;
* equipment in the workplace should be at least one meter apart on all sides;
* floor markings for guidance of clients must be visible;
* proper ventilation and personal effects of personnel should be placed in plastic bags stored in an area inaccessible to clients;
* masks should also be readily available for sale, or otherwise, to clients;
* sanitizing equipment and tools that are visible to clients should also be present; and
* workstations must be sterilized before and after each service.
Protocol for employees in the workplace include:
* no personnel with coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) symptoms or have been exposed to Covid-19 patients shall be allowed to work;
* wearing of jewelry (e.g., rings, bracelets, watches, earrings, exposed body piercings) is not allowed;
* proper personal hygiene (e.g., clipped fingernails, observance of company-imposed personal sanitation) must be observed; and
* wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) like masks, face shields, eyeglasses, gloves, hair caps, among others, is mandatory;
Upon exit there should be no physical contact during payment. Personnel are provided with small trays for accepting cash. They must ensure that clients who prefer to use an alternative mode of payment are able to do so.
There should also be regular sanitation of high-contact areas and surfaces (e.g., pens used for filling out forms, door handles, common tables).
Meanwhile, all food and retail businesses are allowed to operate until 11 p.m., while food delivery services can operate up to 1 a.m.
Local government units are enjoined to adjust curfew hours accordingly to enhance income opportunities for workers and business owners.
The following business establishments or activities shall not be allowed to operate under any form of community quarantine: holding of traditional cockfighting and operation of cockpits, beerhouses and similar establishments whose primary business is serving of alcoholic drinks (e.g. nightclubs) and kid amusement industries (e.g., playrooms, rides). (JOB)