PORAC -- A construction worker from Bulacan, who was renting an apartment in Barangay Hacienda Dolores, tested positive for coronavirus infection, according to reports from the Municipal Government of Porac.
Investigations revealed that the construction worker, along with eight others, arrived in Porac on July 27 to work for a private construction company. The group was from San Jose Del Monte in Bulacan province.
The group initially tried to secure work permits from the barangay on July 28 but were told they need to undergo 14-day quarantine before being issued with the said document.
The boss of the said workers decided to have them undergo swab tests to fast track their needed permits. The group was swabbed on July 30 and reportedly returned to their rented apartment. Of the six that underwent swab testing, one tested positive while the other five had negative results.
The Department of Health-Central Luzon reported the positive result of one of the swab tests to the municipal government on August 3.
The positive patient had been assigned to the New Clark City. The seven other companions have been returned to their respective areas. Another construction worker is set to undergo swab testing at the Diosdado Macapagal Memorial District Hospital.
The area where the positive patient stayed had been disinfected, according to town reports. The said positive case will be counted in the confirmed cases for Bulacan and not in Pampanga.