WHAT attributes can we glean from Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong’s leadership in the past six months?
1. Understand the complex dynamics of a new and evolving threat to citizens and the local economy (Covid-19).
2. Create a framework to effectively deal with the tangly crisis.
3. Avoid rabbit holes (if you have not seen Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, I highly recommend either the book or movie version, to help this one make more sense).
4. Strike a tone that resonates with the citizenry.
5. Get and keep people working together.
6. Release a video of boxing that goes viral (at least locally, perhaps further) to show that he is practicing what he preaches: “Take care of your health!”
7. Keep local activities aligned with the national government
This list could go on and on.
Bottom line: We have a highly competent, gifted mayor and community leadership team here in Baguio City that, together, are guiding us through this crisis of our lifetimes.
Thank you, Mayor Magalong, and the leadership team for the confidence that you emanate while artfully dodging “Rabbit Holes!”