LA TRINIDAD -- Tourism-related activities in Benguet province may soon be opened only for locals.
On the heels of Baguio City planning the opening of its tourism industry, Governor Melchor Diclas said the province should also prepare for the spill of tourists coming from the city.
Baguio's reopening is eyed September to limited number of tourists per day, but with no guarantee to the province opening doors for tourists as well.
Diclas said "If Baguio plans to open (tourism), we also need to prepare. There should be coordination with Baguio and Blistt (Baguio, La Trinidad, Itogon, Sablan, Tuba and Tublay) areas."
The governor added that tourism spots will be opened for locals first before opening doors to visitors and tourists from outside Benguet.
He said tourists going to the province will be required to have reservations prior to their arrival in various tourism areas.
The chief executive last week said the tourism officers of the 13 towns are on the process of finalizing their programs, plans and projects for the sector.
Since March 17, when the Luzonwide enhanced community quarantine was implemented because of the Covid-19 pandemic, Benguet towns ordered closure of tourism-related activities including tourist spots.