TACLOBAN

Yaokasin condemns series of killings in Tacloban

TACLOBAN City Vice Mayor Jerry Yaokasin strongly condemned the spate of killings in the city, following another shooting on Friday, August 7, 2020, which killed the 43-year-old son of a former prosecutor.

Yaokasin said the Sanggunian Panlungsod has invited the Tacloban City Police Office (TCPO) Director Colonel Michael David to its regular session on August 12 “to provide an update on the peace and order situation in the city.”

“Hopefully, the crime incidents will be resolved in the soonest possible time,” Yaokasin told Sunstar Philippines on Sunday, August 9.

The city official expressed concern over the shooting incidents that happened even in broad daylight.

“Tacloban is and should remain a peaceful city,” Yaokasin said.

On Friday afternoon, unidentified car-riding gunmen shot and killed Jason Golong, the son of retired Tacloban prosecutor Ruperto Golong Jr.

The victim was previously arrested by anti-drug operatives in 2018, reports said.

On July 25, an unidentified gunman also shot dead a dismissed police officer who had just finished jogging in Tacloban.

Earlier, Tacloban Mayor Alfred Romualdez expressed shock and condolences over the killing of Golong.

Police continue to investigate the shooting incidents. (Sunstar Philippines)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph