THE Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital (CLMMRH) on Wednesday, August 12, 2020, confirmed that another one of its nurses and three patients have recently been infected with the novel coronavirus (Covid-19).
CLMMRH head Dr. Julius Drilon said the swab tests being carried out at the hospital now includes both hospital staff and those currently admitted inside the premises.
Drilon said they have yet to re-open admissions for suspected Covid-19 cases since announcing that the hospital has reached its full-bed capacity for coronavirus cases earlier this week.
However, Drilon said they are hoping to resume admissions of suspected Covid-19 cases next week. The hospital has also hit manpower shortage due to the number of staff that had tested positive.
Earlier this week, Drilon confirmed that 29 of their personnel tested positive for Covid-19--eight doctors, four nurses and 17 non-medical support staff.
At least 113 hospital personnel have also been placed on quarantine.
CLMMRH’s out-patient department, department of obstetrics, department of gynecology and neonatal intensive care unit also remain closed.
Drilon said they have implemented all safety and precautionary measures such as terminal cleaning and disinfection of the hospital wards, and conducting intensive contact tracing.