SEVEN persons who had tested positive for coronavirus have recovered from Covid-19 after their repeat swab test results came out negative on Friday, August 28, 2020.
Of the seven recovered Covid-positive patients, three are locally stranded individuals (LSIs) and four are returning overseas Filipino workers (ROFs), City Health Office Epidemiologist Dr. Joselito Retuya reported.
This brought the total number of Covid-19 recoveries in Cagayan de Oro to 180.
Among those who have recovered are:
- A 33-year-old LSI from Cebu and a resident of Barangay Kauswagan;
- A 21-year-old male LSI from Cebu and a resident of Barangay Agusan;
- A 44-year-old male ROF from Kuwait and a resident of Barangay Lumbia;
- An eight-year-old female LSI from Davao City and a resident of Barangay Patag;
- A 38-year-old female ROF from the United Arab Emirates and a resident of Barangay Mambuaya;
- A 31-year-old female ROF from the United Arab Emirates and a resident of Barangay Cugman; and
- A 29-year-old female ROF from the United Arab Emirates and a resident of Barangay Tablon.
According to Acting City Health Office Dr. Lorraine Nery, of the 180 total recoveries recorded in Cagayan de Oro, 112 are LSIs, 41 are ROFs, 27 are local cases (community: 23; Authorized Persons Outside Residence: 4).
As of August 28, Cagayan de Oro registered a total of 281 confirmed Covid-19 cases. Of the number, 2018 are ROFs/LSIs and 65 are local cases.
The city has 92 active cases, six of whom are admitted to the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC), 21 are outpatients and 65 are ROFs/LSIs.