THERE was no transmission of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in the controversial wedding of a prominent family in Davao City, based on the contact tracing conducted by health authorities.
Department of Health (DOH)-Davao Assistant Director Dr. Lenny Joy Rivera said based on their contact tracing, only one attendee was positive for the Sars-CoV-2, the virus causing the Covid-19.
"Only one lang talaga, based on the contact tracing, so it means the rest of the samples na pina-process is negative (Based on our contact tracing, only one was positive. This means the other samples we processed are negative)," Rivera said.
She added that for now, no one who had close contact with the Covid-19 patient has tested positive for the virus.
"Unless meron siyang masabi na bago na nakasama niya na itetest natin (Unless the patient remembers other people that they may have close contact with. We will also test them)," Rivera said.
Rivera said the Covid-19 patient who attended the wedding event several weeks ago was infected with the virus from the workplace.
"Per investigation, it was discovered kung saan yung source of infection, which is sa kanyang workplace (It was discovered that the patient's source of infection was at the workplace) where a cluster of cases was also found there," Rivera said during the One Davao on Covid-19 virtual presser.
In response, health authorities also conducted contact tracing at the workplace of the Covid-19 patient.
Rivera did not disclose the name or the nature of the business of the company where the Covid-19 patient is affiliated with.
The official was not able to disclose the figures of those who tested positive in the workplace as the investigation is still ongoing.
Earlier, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio revealed in a radio interview on Tuesday, August 25, that the city is investigating a wedding involving a prominent family, where one of the attendees was a Covid-19 patient.
Duterte-Carpio said the wedding party did not follow the city's health protocols in terms of guests invited. The mayor did not disclose the name of the family.
Around 40 individuals, during that time, were being contact traced. But Rivera was not able to disclose if it is the same number of specimens they tested.
The mayor, as of August 28, said she referred the investigation to the City Tourism Operations Office (CTOO) after consulting with the City Legal Office.
SunStar Davao reached out to CTOO Head Generose Tecson for comments and updates on the investigation, but she has not responded as of press time.
Duterte-Carpio clarified earlier that she is not against the public holding celebrations, especially birthday parties, but minimum health protocols must be observed, including the wearing of face masks, two-meter physical distancing, and handwashing with soap and water, or with alcohol, while in public areas.
Image from Freepik
September 04, 2020
- A A +
SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce, or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.
Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!