EIGHT persons who had tested positive for the novel coronavirus are now tagged as "recovered" after their repeat swab test results came out negative on Friday, September 4.
This brought the total number of Covid-19 recoveries in Cagayan de Oro to 234.
According to City Health Office Epidemiologist Dr. Joselito Retuya, of the eight new recoveries, four are locally stranded individuals (LSIs), two are local cases, and two are local Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APOR).
Those who have recovered are:
- A 33-year-old male LSI from Mambaling, Cebu and a resident of Barangay Lapasan;
- A 28-year-old male resident of Barangay Gusa;
- A 29-year-old female local APOR residing in a gated community in Upper Carmen;
- An 18-year-old female student LSI from Cebu City and a resident of Barangay Carmen;
- A 27-year-old male LSI from Bohol and a resident of Barangay Carmen;
- A five-year-old female LSI from Lapu-Lapu, Cebu and a resident of Barangay Lapasan;
- A five-year-old female resident of Upper Carmen; and
- A 40-year-old female local APOR residing in a gated community in Barangay Lumbia.
Meanwhile, the following areas in Cagayan de Oro are still under localized focused containment as of September 5:
- Purok 4B Sto. Niño Village in Barangay Gusa;
- Phase 2, Habitat Relocation in Barangay Indahag;
- NHA Phase 1 in Barangay Kauswagan;
- San Juan Tabaco, District 1 in Barangay Puntod;
- Talidhay Zone 2 in Barangay Cugman;
- Purok 3, Bayanihan in Barangay Gusa;
- Barra in Barangay Macabalan;
- Zone 1 Celrai in Barangay Puntod;
- Purok 4A in Barangay Gusa
- Phase 2 in Macanhan, Barangay Carmen;
- Sitio Gemelina, Gawad Kalinga-Relocation in Barangay Bugo;
- Zone 3 in Barangay Bayabas;
- MB Ramonal in Barangay Nazareth;
- Phase 1 Ecoverde Subdivision in Barangay Indahag;
- Zone 1 in Barangay Lumbia; and
- Zone 1 and Zone 2 in Barangay 26.
According to Acting City Health Office Dr. Lorraine Nery, of the 234 total recoveries in Cagayan de Oro, 137 are LSIs, 56 are returning overseas Filipino workers (ROFs), and 41 are local cases (community: 27; APOR: 14).
The city has 100 active cases, composed of four persons admitted to the Northern Mindanao Medical Center, 48 local transmissions and 48 ROFs/LSIs.
The number of Covid-19 deaths remains at 11.