CAGAYAN DE ORO

14 more persons test positive for virus in Cagayan de Oro

Google maps

FOURTEEN new coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases were logged in Cagayan de Oro, eight of whom are local cases, three are local Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APORs) and three locally stranded individuals (LSIs).

This brought the total number of confirmed cases in the city to 345.

According to Acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery, of the eight local cases, seven are close contacts of two previously confirmed Covid-positive cases.

City Health Office Epidemiologist Dr. Joselito Retuya said all of the new LSI cases were immediately brought to the city isolation unit upon arrival in the city.

The 332nd case is a 50-year-old male LSI from Malate, Manila and a resident of Barangay Bugo. He underwent a rapid diagnostic test in Manila on August 19.

The man arrived in Cagayan de Oro via plane on August 27. He was swabbed on September 1 and the result came out positive on September 4. He is asymptomatic and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 333rd case is a seven-year-old female LSI from Marikina and a resident of Barangay Tumpagon. She underwent a rapid diagnostic test in Manila. She arrived in Cagayan de Oro via plane on August 27 together with her mother.

The girl was swabbed on September 1 and the result came out positive on September 4. She is asymptomatic and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The City Health Office identified one close contact, the mother of the girl.

The 334th case is a 42-year-old male LSI from Caloocan and a resident of Barangay Carmen. He arrived in Cagayan de Oro via sea travel on August 26.

The man was swabbed on September 1 and the result came out positive on September 4. She is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity.

The 335th case is a 25-year-old male residing in Barangay Bayabas. Retuya said the man is the son of the 287th case, the 70-year-old male resident of Barangay Bayabas who died on August 29.

The 25-year-old man was swabbed on September 1 and the result came out positive on September 4. According to Retuya, the man has a fever.

He is currently staying in the city isolation unit and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 336th case is a 62-year-old female resident of Barangay Bayabas. She is the spouse of the 287th case. She was swabbed on September 1 and the result came out positive on September 4.

The woman is currently staying in the city isolation unit and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 337th case is a 56-year-old male resident of Barangay Bayabas who worked as a masseur. He is one of the 16 close contacts of the 287th case. He was swabbed on September 1 and the result came out positive on September 4.

The man is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. The City Health Office identified 12 close contacts of the 56-year-old man, all of them were swabbed on Saturday, September 5.

The 338th case is a six-year-old female resident of Barangay Gusa. She is the daughter of the 279th case, the 34-year-old female local APOR residing in Barangay Gusa.

The girl was swabbed on September 1 and the result came out positive on September 4. She is currently in the city isolation unit and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 339th case is a seven-year-old male resident of Barangay Gusa. He is the son of the 279th case who was swabbed on September 1. The result came out positive on September 4.

The boy is currently in the city isolation unit and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 340th case is a nine-year-old female resident of Barangay Gusa. She is the daughter of the 279th case who was swabbed on September 1. The result came out positive on September 4.

The girl is currently in the city isolation unit and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 341st case is a 34-year-old male resident of Barangay Gusa. He is the spouse of the 279th case who was swabbed on September 1 and the result came out positive on September 4.

He is currently in the city isolation unit and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 342nd case is a 33-year-old female local APOR residing in Barangay Bulua. She is a healthcare worker who was exposed to the 289th case, the 26-year-old male healthcare worker residing in Barangay Patag.

According to Retuya, the 33-year-old woman is a healthcare worker in a private hospital. She experienced mild cough and throat discomfort. On August 28, she underwent quarantine.

The woman was swabbed on September 1 in the private hospital and the result came out positive on September 4. She has no comorbidity.

The 343rd case is a 33-year-old female local APOR residing in Barangay Balulang. She is a healthcare worker in Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC).

According to Retuya, the woman had a fever on August 28. She was swabbed on September 3 and the result came out positive. She was admitted at the NMMC and is 33 weeks pregnant.

The 344th case is a 27-year-old female resident of Barangay Macabalan. She is also pregnant and had developed symptoms. She was admitted on September 1 at the JR Borja General Hospital.

The woman had a cough and colds. She was swabbed on September 2 and the result came out positive. She was transferred to the NMMC on September 3.

According to Retuya, the woman recently gave birth.

The 345th case is a 45-year-old female local APOR residing in a gated community in Barangay Iponan. She worked as a medical representative.

Retuya said the woman developed a fever and cough on August 26. On August 27, she went to a private hospital for consultation and was treated. After two days, her condition became better.

The 45-year-old woman was admitted in a private hospital on September 2 and was swabbed. The result came out positive on September 3. She was under home quarantine and is currently in the city isolation unit and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

Cagayan de Oro has recorded 100 active cases, four of whom are admitted at the NMMC, 48 are outpatients and 48 are ROFs/LSIs.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph