THE total number of people who have recovered from the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in Cagayan de Oro has reached 279, after the repeat tests of six coronavirus-positive patients yielded negative results over the weekend.
Of the six new recoveries, five are locally stranded individuals (LSIs) and one returning overseas Filipino worker (ROF).
Those who have recovered were:
* A 22-year-old male LSI from Cebu and a resident of Barangay FS Catanico;
* A 34-year-old male ROF from the Middle East and a resident of Barangay Kauswagan;
* A 28-year-old male LSI and a resident of Barangay Kauswagan;
* An 11-year-old male LSI from Davao and a resident of Barangay Bugo;
* A 26-year-old male LSI from Cebu and a resident of Barangay Macabalan; and
* A 32-year-old male LSI from Manila and a resident of Barangay Bonbon.
Meanwhile, the following areas in Cagayan de Oro were placed under localized focused containment, as of September 14:
* A portion of Macanhan, Barangay Carmen;
* A portion of MB Ramonal, Barangay Nazareth;
* A portion of Phase 1, Ecoverde, Barangay Indahag;
* A portion of Zone 1, Barangay Lumbia;
* A portion of Zone 1 and 2 of Barangay 26;
* A portion of Bara Shoreline, Barangay Macabalan;
* A portion of Purok 5, Barangay Tablon;
* A portion of Sitio Mabasa, Barangay Balulang;
* A portion of Zone 4, Barangay 35;
* A portion of San Roque, Barangay Lapasan;
* A portion of Parola, Barangay Macabalan;
* A portion of Zone 4, Barangay 17;
* A portion of Sto. Niño, Barangay Lapasan;
* A portion of Block 4, District 7, Barangay Puntod;
* A portion of Cabaraban Subdivision, District 5, Barangay Puntod; and
* A portion of San Nicolas sector District 3, Barangay Puntod.
According to Acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery, of the 279 recoveries in Cagayan de Oro, 156 are LSIs, 68 are ROFs, and 55 are loca cases (community: 35; Apor: 20).
The city has 182 active cases, 15 of whom are admitted at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center, 105 are outpatients, and 62 are ROFs/LSIs.
The number of Covid-19 deaths is at 15.