CAGAYAN DE ORO

11 new Covid-19 patients in Cagayan de Oro

ELEVEN new coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases were recorded in Cagayan de Oro City, eight of which are local cases, two are locally stranded individuals (LSIs), and one returning overseas Filipino worker (ROF).

According to Acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery, of the eight new local cases, three are close contacts of previously confirmed Covid-19 cases.

The total number of confirmed cases in the city is now at 518.

The 508th case is a 60-year-old male LSI from Manila and a resident of Barangay Canitoan. He arrived in Cagayan de Oro via plane on September 4.

The man was swabbed on September 9 and the result came out positive on September 13. He is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. He is currently in the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 509th case is a 22-year-old female ROF from the Middle East. She arrived in Manila on September 4 where she was swabbed and the result came out negative on September 6.

The woman arrived in Cagayan de Oro via plane on September 8 and was brought to the city isolation unit upon arrival. She was swabbed on September 14 and the result came out positive on September 16.

She is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. She is currently at the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 510th case is a 21-year-old female LSI from Quezon City. She was swabbed in Quezon City on August 1 and the result came out negative. She arrived in Cagayan de Oro via plane on September 7 and was brought to the city isolation unit.

The woman was swabbed on September 12 and the result came out positive on September 17. She is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. She is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 511th case is a 23-year-old male resident of Barangay Carmen. According to City Health Office Epidemiologist Dr. Joselito Retuya, he went through a rapid diagnostic test before he entered Camiguin and the result came out positive on September 8. He was sent back to Cagayan de Oro.

Retuya said the man is an IT specialist in a company and has a history of travel to the municipalities of Binuangan and Balingoan in Misamis Oriental.

The 23-year-old man was brought to the city isolation unit upon arrival in Cagayan de Oro. He was swabbed on September 14 and the result came out positive on September 17. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 512th case is a 35-year-old female local Authorized Person Outside Residence (Apor) resident of Barangay Nazareth. Retuya said the woman is a healthcare worker assigned in the Department of Health.

She was in isolation in the frontliners isolation facility on September 12 after she experienced loss of sense of smell, body malaise, headache and itchy throat on September 1. She also had loose bowel movement (LBM). Her last day of duty was on September 6.

The woman was swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 16. She is currently at the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility. The City Health Office identified 10 close contacts of the woman.

The 513th case is a 57-year-old male resident of Barangay Bulua. Retuya said he is one of the watchers of the 424th case, the 66-year-old man from a gated community in Barangay Gusa.

The 57-year-old man was brought to the city isolation unit on September 9 and was swabbed on September 12. The result came out positive on September 17. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The City Health Office identified three close contacts of the man.

The 514th case is a 59-year-old female resident of Barangay Bulua. She is the wife of the 513th case. She was also one of the watchers of the 424th case.

She was isolated in the city isolation unit on September 9 and was swabbed on September 12. The result came out positive on September 17. She is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 515th case is a 39-year-old female resident of Barangay Indahag. She is an employee of a company, according to Retuya. Her last day of duty was on September 3 and she started working from home on September 4.

The woman developed cough and fever on September 6 and 7. She was swabbed in a private testing laboratory on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 17.

The 516th case is a 24-year-old female local Apor residing in Barangay Lumbia. She is a social worker who was exposed to her father, the 462nd case, the 57-year-old man from Barangay Lumbia.

Retuya said the woman's last day of duty was on September 10. She had an onset of colds on September 12 and was under home quarantine. She was then transferred to an accommodation facility for isolation.

She was swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 17. She is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The City Health Office identified seven close household contacts of the woman. There are also 23 workplace contacts who are risk assessment.

The 517th case is a 74-year-old male resident of Barangay 17. He experienced sore throat, cough, and shortness of breathing on September 13. He sought consultation in a private hospital and was transferred to the JR Borja General Hospital. He was then referred to the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC).

The man was swabbed at the NMMC and the result came out positive on September 17. The City Health Office identified three direct household contacts, all of them showed symptoms, according to Retuya.

The 518th case is a 66-year-old male local APOR residing in Barangay Bulua. Retuya said he worked as a security officer in a power company located in a municipality in Misamis Oriental. He is currently admitted at the NMMC.

The man developed cough and colds on September 11 and was under home quarantine. He was swabbed in a private testing facility on September 16 and the result came out positive on September 17. He has no comorbidity.

The City Health Office identified seven direct contacts of the man.

Cagayan de Oro has recorded 181 active cases, 19 of whom are admitted at the NMMC, 123 are outpatients and 39 are ROFs/LSIs.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph