CITY OF SAN FERNANDO -- The City Social Welfare and Development Office never stopped assisting Fernandinos even after the city shifted to modified general community quarantine (MGCQ).
Since July 16, the CSWD, through Task Force Kalinga, had been distributing 25 kilos of rice to households with Disaster Assistance Family Access Card (DAFAC).
DAFAC is used to monitor and validate if a family is “underserved” or “over-served.” It confirms if a family is eligible to receive relief assistance.
To avoid duplication of assistance, beneficiaries of any dole-out programs such as the Special Amelioration Program (SAP), and financial assistance from various government agencies like the Social Security System, Department of Labor and Employment, Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board are no longer qualified for DAFAC.
Members of the national Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4P’s) are also excluded from the rice assistance.
As of September 16, about 35,687 households had already received rice aid from the local government. CSWD said they are expecting to reach the estimated 40,000 beneficiaries on September 18 or 19.
Mayor Edwin “EdSa” Santiago assured Fernandinos of continuous support from the local government.
“Tayo na lang yata ang hanggang ngayon ay namimigay pa rin ng ayuda. Sa pangunguna ng ating CSWD, tuloy-tuloy ang pamamahagi natin ng mga bigas at relief packs sa mga pamilyang Fernandino na legible na mabigyan ng tulong,” Santiago said.
Meanwhile, the City’s Quick Response Team (QRT) also facilitates food and non-food assistance in barangays under localized enhanced community quarantine (LECQ). (PR)