FOURTEEN patients who had tested positive for coronavirus disease (Covid-19) have now recovered after their repeat swab test results came out negative on Friday, September 18.
This brought the total number of recoveries in Cagayan de Oro to 334
Of the 14 new recoveries, three are locally stranded individuals (LSIs), three are returning overseas Filipino workers (ROFs), and eight are local cases, City Health Office Epidemiologist Dr. Joselito Retuya reported.
Those who have recovered are:
- A one-year-old female resident of Barangay Kauswagan;
- A 16-year-old female resident of Barangay Gusa;
- A 28-year-old female resident of Barangay Gusa;
- A 23-year-old female resident of Barangay Gusa;
- A 34-year-old female LSI from Cebu and a resident of Barangay Balubal;
- A 29-year-old male LSI from Cebu and a resident of Barangay Iponan;
- A 28-year-old female ROF from the Middle East and a resident of Barangay Tablon;
- A 45-year-old male ROF from the Middle East and a resident of Barangay Balulang;
- A 23-year-old male LSI from Cebu and a resident of Barangay Carmen;
- A 60-year-old female resident of Macanhan, Barangay Carmen;
- A 30-year-old male ROF from the Middle East and a resident of Barangay Nazareth;
- A 45-year-old female local Authorized Person Outside Residence (APOR) residing in Barangay Iponan;
- A 34-year-old female local APOR residing in Barangay Indahag; and
- A 10-year-old male resident of Barangay Bayabas.
According to Acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery, of the 334 recoveries in Cagayan de Oro, 183 are LSIs, 78 are ROFs, and 73 are local cases (community: 47; Apor: 26).
The city has 189 active cases, 19 of whom are admitted at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center, 130 are outpatients, and 40 are ROFs/LSIs.
The number of Covid-19 deaths is now at 18.