CAGAYAN DE ORO

Cagayan de Oro records 23 new Covid-19 cases

THREE locally stranded individuals (LSIs), four returning overseas Filipino workers (ROFs) and 16 local cases have tested positive for the novel coronavirus in Cagayan de Oro.

The total number of confirmed cases in the city rose to 541.

According to Acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery, of the 16 local cases, nine are close contacts of previously confirmed Covid-19 cases.

The 519th case is a 19-year-old female LSI from Pasil, Cebu City and a resident of Lomboy, Barangay Indahag. According to City Health Office Epidemiologist Dr. Joselito Retuya, the woman has been studying in Cebu since 2019.

She arrived in Cagayan de Oro via sea travel on September 10 and was brought to the city isolation unit. She was swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 18.

She is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. She is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 520th case is a 44-year-old male ROF from Hong Kong and a resident of a numbered barangay. He arrived in NAIA on September 5 where he was swabbed.

According to Retuya, the man stayed in a hotel in Manila while waiting for the result, which came out negative on September 7.

He arrived in Cagayan de Oro on September 8 and was brought to the city isolation unit. He was swabbed on September 14 and the result came out positive on September 18.

The man is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 521st case is a 22-year-old male LSI from Marikina and a resident of Barangay Gusa. He arrived in Cagayan de Oro via plane on September 9 and was brought to the city isolation unit.

The man was swabbed on September 14 and the result came out positive on September 18. He is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The City Health Office identified one close contact of the man, his common-law partner.

The 522nd case is a 31-year-old male ROF from the Middle East and a resident of Barangay Cugman. He arrived in NAIA on September 1 where he was swabbed. Retuya said he stayed in an accommodation facility in Manila while waiting for the result, which came out negative on September 6.

The man arrived in Cagayan de Oro on September 8 and was brought to the city isolation unit. He was swabbed on September 14 and the result came out positive on September 18.

He is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 523rd case is a 25-year-old female ROF from the Middle East and a resident of Barangay Iponan. She arrived in NAIA on August 29 where he was swabbed. She stayed in a hotel in Manila while waiting for the result, which came out negative on September 2.

Retuya said the woman stayed in an accommodation facility from September 2 to 7. She arrived in Cagayan de Oro via plane on September 9 and was brought to the city isolation unit.

She was swabbed on September 14 and the result came out positive on September 18. She is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. She is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 524th case is a 29-year-old male LSI from Taguig and a resident of Barangay Camaman-an. He arrived in Cagayan de Oro via plane on September 10 and was brought to the city isolation unit.

The man was swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 18. He has hypertension and is under maintenance medication. He is asymptomatic and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The City Health Office identified one close contact of the man, his common-law partner.

The 525th case is a 43-year-old male ROF from the Middle East and a resident of Barangay Camaman-an. He arrived in NAIA on September 7 where he was swabbed. He stayed in a hotel in Makati while waiting for the result, which came out negative on September 9.

The man arrived in Cagayan de Oro via plane on September 10 and was brought to the city isolation unit. He was swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 18.

He is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 526th case is a 2-month-old male resident of Barangay Bugo. He is the son of the 380th case, the 26-year-old male LSI from Taguig from Barangay Bugo.

His first swab was on September 3 and the result came out negative. He was swabbed again on September 15 and the result came out positive. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 527th case is a 24-year-old female resident of Barangay Bugo. She is the wife of the 380th case and the mother of the 526th case.

Her first swab was on September 3 and the result came out negative. She was swabbed again on September 15 and the result came out positive. She is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 528th case is a 58-year-old male local Authorized Person Outside Residence (APOR) residing in Barangay Cugman. According to Retuya, he is a government employee in Bukidnon. His last day of duty was on September 7.

The man developed cough and colds on September 16 and sought consultation in a private hospital. He was then admitted at the JR Borja General Hospital.

He was swabbed on September 17 and the result came out positive on September 18. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility. The City Health Office identified three close contacts of the man.

The 529th case is a 44-year-old male local APOR residing on Barangay Carmen. He is a healthcare worker assigned at the EREID floor in Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC). His last day of duty was on September 6.

The man was under home quarantine from September 7 to 11. He had a fever. He was swabbed on September 14 and the result came out positive on September 17. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The City Health Office identified five household contacts of the man.

The 530th case is a 33-year-old male local APOR residing in Barangay Kauswagan. According to Retuya, the man is a member of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP). He traveled to Butuan City on September 1 for work. He developed symptoms on September 2 and had a fever on September 5.

The man underwent a rapid diagnostic test in Butuan City on September 11. He is currently admitted in a hospital at Camp Evangelista in Barangay Patag.

The 531st case is a 64-year-old female local APOR, a healthcare worker, and a resident of Macanhan, Barangay Carmen. She had a sore throat on September 6 and she was brought to the city isolation unit on September 14.

The woman was swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 18. The City Health Office identified 24 workplace contacts.

The 532nd case is a 40-year-old female resident of Barangay Puntod. She was exposed to the 458th case, the 39-year-old male from Barangay Puntod who worked as a family driver. She is the common-law partner of the 458th case.

The woman swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 18. She is asymptomatic and is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 533rd case is a 10-year-old male resident of Barangay Puntod. He is the son of the 458th case. He was swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 18. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 534th case is a five-year-old male resident of Barangay Puntod. He is the son of the 458th case. He was swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 18. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 535th case is a 69-year-old female resident of Barangay Puntod. She is the mother of the 458th case. She was swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 18. She is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The 536th case is a 56-year-old businessman residing in Barangay Kauswagan. He experienced fever, chills, and body malaise on September 9. He developed a cough on September 15 and was admitted in a private hospital.

The man was swabbed on September 16 and the result came out positive on September 17. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The City Health Office identified six household contacts and two worksite contacts.

The 537th case is a 63-year-old female who was exposed to the 518th case, the 66-year-old male local APOR, a security officer, from Barangay Bulua. She is the wife of the 518th case. Her last day of exposure was on September 10.

The woman was swabbed on September 16 and the result came out positive on September 18.

The 538th case is a 29-year-old female, daughter of the 518th case. She experienced a sore throat on September 17. She was swabbed and the result came out positive on September 18.

The 539th case is a 35-year-old female resident of a numbered barangay. She is an employee of a private company. She was on leave from work on September 6 and after two days, she developed fever and cough.

The woman sought medical consultation in a private hospital where she was swabbed. The result came out positive on September 18. She is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The City Health Office identified seven household contacts of the woman.

The 540th case is a 68-year-old male retired member of the AFP and now a businessman from Barangay Macasandig. According to Retuya, the man attended a wedding on September 8 and traveled to a municipality in Misamis Oriental on September 11 to attend a funeral.

The man went back to Cagayan de Oro on September 12 while experiencing fever and cough. He sought consultation in a private hospital. He was swabbed on September 15 and the result came out positive on September 18.

The City Health Office identified seven household contacts of the man, all of them are asymptomatic.

The 541st case is a 34-year-old male resident of Barangay Iponan. He is the husband of the 475th case, 38-year-old woman from a gated community in Barangay Iponan.

The man was swabbed on September 16 and the result came out positive on September 18. He is asymptomatic and has no known comorbidity. He is set to be transferred to the Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility.

The City Health Office identified three household contacts of the man.

Cagayan de Oro has recorded 189 active cases, 19 of whom are admitted at the NMMC, 130 are outpatients and 40 are ROFs/LSIs.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph