A PORTION of Barangay San Vicente in Apalit town was reverted back to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) due to the growing number of confirmed coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases in the area.
Mayor Oscar Tetangco Jr. said that in a matter of one week, four Covid-19 cases were reported in Sitio Alauli of the said barangay, in which one of the patients had already passed away.
Tetangco then announced Tuesday, September 22, the implementation of total lockdown for the next 14 days.
"When the first two cases were reported, we told people that we will implement stricter measures but there were still new infections so we thought that a total lockdown is already necessary," he said.
Tetangco formed a task force composed of the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, local police and fire bureau to monitor and secure the area.
Under ECQ, home quarantine passes were reimposed and only those who possess one are allowed to go out of their houses.
A mini market was also opened in the area to allow residents to still get fresh goods despite the implementation of ECQ.
Tetangco also said the local government will provide relief packs to the affected residents for the duration of the lockdown.
He added that residents who need to purchase milk, medicines and other necessities may ask the assistance of the barangay to access it for them.