TEN patients who had tested positive for coronavirus have recovered after their repeat swab test results came out negative on Tuesday, September 22.
This brought the total number of Covid-19 recoveries in Cagayan de Oro to 366.
Of the 10 new recoveries, five are local cases and five are locally stranded individuals (LSIs), City Health Office Epidemiologist Dr. Joselito Retuya said.
Those who have recovered are:
* A 43-year-old female resident of Barangay Bugo;
* A 39-year-old male resident of Barangay Tablon;
* A 25-year-old male resident of Barangay Lumbia;
* A five-year-old female resident of Barangay Cugman;
* A 39-year-old female resident of Barangay Indahag;
* A 29-year-old male LSI from Quezon City and a resident of Barangay Patag;
* A 24-year-old male LSI from Antipolo and a resident of Barangay Gusa;
* A 23-year-old male LSI from Bacolod and a resident of Barangay 26;
* A five-year-old male LSI from Tacloban and a resident of Barangay Carmen; and
* A 60-year-old male LSI from Manila and a resident of Barangay Canitoan.
The City Health Office recorded three non-Cagayan de Oro residents who have also recovered from the virus, two of whom are from Iligan City and one is from Cavite.
Meanwhile, a portion of Piaping Puti in Barangay Macabalan was placed under localized focused containment after a 38-year-old female who is currently admitted at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center got infected with Covid-19.
At least 28 families are affected by the containment.
According to Acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery, of the 366 recoveries in Cagayan de Oro, 196 are LSIs, 82 are ROFs, and 88 are local cases (community: 58; Apor: 30).
The city has 222 active cases, 18 of whom are admitted at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center, 174 are outpatients, and 30 are ROFs/LSIs.
The number of Covid-19 deaths is now at 26.