EIGHT more patients who had tested positive for the novel coronavirus have recovered after their repeat swab test results came out negative on Wednesday, September 23.
This brought the total number of Covid-19 recoveries in Cagayan de Oro to 373.
Of the eight new recoveries, six are local cases, one locally stranded individual (LSI), and one returning overseas Filipino worker (ROF), City Health Office Epidemiologist Dr. Joselito Retuya said.
Those who have recovered are:
* A 20-year-old female LSI from Makati and a resident of Barangay Gusa;
* A 27-year-old female resident of Macanhan, Barangay Carmen;
* A 26-year-old male resident of Barangay Gusa;
* A 16-year-old male resident of Barangay Gusa;
* A 46-year-old female resident of Barangay 26;
* A 56-year-old male resident of Barangay Bayabas;
* A 70-year-old female resident of a gated community in Barangay Lumbia;
* A 10-month-old male ROF from the Middle East and a resident of Barangay Carmen.
According to Acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery, of the 373 recoveries in Cagayan de Oro, 197 are LSIs, 83 are ROFs, and 93 are local cases (community: 63; Apor: 30).
The city has 239 active cases, 18 of whom are admitted at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center, 185 are outpatients, and 36 are ROFs/LSIs.
The number of Covid-19 deaths is now at 30.
Meanwhile, five areas in Cagayan de Oro were placed under the 14-day localized focused containment to prevent the further spread of local transmission cases of Covid-19.
The five areas include Kalye Kapuso, Baconga Street in Barangay Lapasan; Zone 3, San Lazaro in Barangay Lapasan; Zone 5, M.H. Del Pilar in Barangay 15; Zone 2, Barangay Kauswagan; and Zone 5, NHA Phase 1 in Barangay Kauswagan.