TWELVE additional Covid-19 patients were added to the growing number of recoveries in Cagayan de Oro after their repeat swab test result yielded negative on Thursday, September 24.
Of the 12 recoveries, two are locally stranded individuals (LSIs) and 10 are local cases, City Health Office Epidemiologist Dr. Joselito Retuya reported.
Those who have recovered are:
- A 21-year-old male resident of Barangay Gusa;
- A 25-year-old male local Authorized Person Outside Residence (Apor) residing in Barangay Carmen;
- A 28-year-old male local Apor residing in Barangay Patag;
- A 43-year-old male person deprived of liberty;
- A 30-year-old female local Apor, a healthcare worker, residing in Barangay Puntod;
- A 31-year-old male local Apor residing in Barangay Balulang;
- A 37-year-old female resident of Barangay Canitoan;
- An 11-year-old female resident of Barangay Canitoan;
- A five-year-old male resident of Barangay Puntod;
- A 38-year-old female resident of Barangay Nazareth;
- A 28-year-old female LSI from Manila and a resident of Barangay Bulua; and
- A 51-year-old LSI from Cebu and a resident of Barangay Tablon.
Meanwhile, the following areas in Cagayan de Oro were placed under localized focused containment, as of September 25:
- A portion of Purok 5, Barangay Tablon;
- A portion of Zone 4, Barangay 35;
- A portion of San Roque, Barangay Lapasan;
- A portion of Cabaran Subdivision, District 5, Barangay Puntod;
- A portion of San Nicolas sector, District 3, Barangay Puntod;
- A portion of Block 4, District 7, Barangay Puntod;
- A portion of Zone 6, Barangay Cugman;
- A portion of Lapas uno, Barangay Lapasan;
- A portion of Bontong, Barangay Camaman-an;
- A portion of Zone 1 and 4, Barangay 17;
- A portion of San Juan 2, Barangay Lapasan;
- A portion of Zone 2, Talidhay, Barangay Cugman;
- A portion of Piaping Puti, Barangay Macabalan;
- A portion of Zone 3, San Lazaro, Barangay Lapasan;
- A portion of San Juan 1, Barangay Lapasan;
- A portion of Zone 5, Barangay 15;
- A portion of Zone 5, Barangay Kauswagan;
- A portion of Zone 2, Barangay Kauswagan; and
- A portion of Zone 4, Barangay Nazareth.
According to Acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery, of the 386 recoveries recorded in Cagayan de Oro, 199 are LSIs, 83 are ROFs, and 104 are local cases (community: 70; Apor: 34).
As of September 24, Cagayan de Oro registered a total of 655 confirmed Covid-19 cases.
Of the number, 321 are ROFs/LSIs and 334 are local cases.
The city has 239 active cases, 17 of whom are admitted to the Northern Mindanao Medical Center, 184 are outpatients and 38 are ROFs/LSIs.
The number of Covid-19 deaths remains at 30.