THE Bacolod City Health Office (CHO) will no longer accommodate patients showing symptoms of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) starting October 26.
This was stressed by City Administrator Em Ang, executive director and deputy for administration and operations of the Bacolod City Emergency Operations Center - Task Force (EOC-TF), Wednesday, October 21, 2020, to protect other patients, especially pregnant women from contracting the viral disease.
"In our daily reports, there are always pregnant women who are tested positive. We are making a study on that right now. In fact, we are planning to meet with the Philippine Obstetrics and Gynecologist Society in the next few days. We’d like to find out what is causing that," Ang said.
She said pregnant women are among the majority of patients who regularly seek consultation at the CHO's lying-in clinic.
She added they are hopeful about minimizing the transmission of the virus among pregnant women.
Ang noted that those who have symptoms of Covid-19 will be accommodated at the Bacolod Respiratory Out-Patient (BRO) Center at the Bacolod Arts, Youth and Sports (Bays) Center.
"The BRO Center will be our catchment area," Ang said.
Inter-Agency Task Force-Visayas chief implementer Major General (retired) Mel Feliciano said that 20 percent of "probables," or those patients with flu-like symptoms who subjected themselves to swabbing, have tested positive for Covid-19.
Feliciano, who was among the personnel deployed by the Office of the President to manage the spread of Covid-19 in Cebu City earlier this year, oversees the operation of the Bacolod EOC-TF.