DESPITE the 45 new coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases at the La Trinidad Vegetable Trading Posts (LTVTP), Mayor Romeo Salda ordered the suspension of the no swab test results, no entry policy.
The 45 individuals were tested last week during the testing conducted by the National Task Force (NTF).
"Pending the swabbing of all LTVTP porters, packers, truckers, disposers and traders, which is expected to be completed within the week, the implementation of no swab result, no entry policy is suspended," the mayor said.
Salda instead said the trading post will implement a no ID, no uniform, no entry policy.
"Last Monday, papasok mga farmers pero wala iyong disposers because walang swab test. I told them in the morning I suspend the EO," said Salda, adding the suspension was recommended by the Municipal Inter-Agency Task Force for Covid-19.
The chief executive said the new confirmed cases and their direct contacts who are packers, porters, and some disposers are not allowed to enter the vegetable trading post.
He said of the 3,000 stakeholders who are trading in the LTVTP every day, only 1,600 were tested for Covid-19 and more than 1,000 are needed to be swabbed.
The mayor said they have already requested additional 2,000 swab test in order for all stakeholders in the trading post to be tested for the virus.
To be included in the third round of mass testing are stakeholders from the Benguet Agri-Pinoy Trading Center.
While waiting for the approval of the third round of mass swab testing, stakeholders are advised to practice strict observance of public health standards.