BACOLOD

Manila-bound vessel allowed to resume trip

THE Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)-Negros confirmed Friday, November 13, that the Manila-bound vessel that had been stranded on Thursday, November 12, due to Typhoon Ulysses has been allowed to leave.

Chief Petty Officer Louie Campaner, PCG-Bredco sub-station commander, said the M/V St. Therese of the Child Jesus of 2GO Travel, left the Bredco port at 6:35 p.m. of Thursday night.

Campaner said the vessel was allowed to sail after they received the November 12, 5 p.m. weather bulletin from the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) stating that the tropical cyclone warning signals along the vessel's route had been lifted.

Some 183 Manila-bound passengers and 148 cargoes were stranded at the Bredco port due to Ulysses.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph