BACOLOD

Kabankalan City Hall on lockdown until Wednesday; Zayco tests negative for Covid

MAYOR Pedro "Bebing" Zayco confirmed that the lockdown of the Kabankalan City Hall will stay until Wednesday this week.

Zayco said when offices resume on Thursday, only 50 percent will be allowed to report back to work while others will only observe work from home. The lockdown started Friday last week.

The mayor also revealed he was tested negative of Covid-19 along with their city budget officer based on the results they received on Saturday. They underwent swab tests after they were exposed to the city's assistant engineer who died of Covid-19.

Zayco said 18 employees have been tested positive of Covid-19 where seven of them from the City Engineer's Office and the rest from other offices.

The mayor said the City Hall lockdown is until Wednesday as per DILG advice.

Zayco also said 127 more employees and locally stranded individuals have also undergone swab tests composing the third batch of employees and that more batches are expected to follow.

Zayco added that the wearing of face masks and face shields will be strictly enforced at all government buildings after the lockdown.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph