BAGUIO City Councilor Philan Weygan-Allan is backing a decision to tighten border control for the safety of all.
Allan said the order ensures everybody has the right papers and health certifications and are fit for work without the danger of infecting others.
She added guidelines for workers and travelers were in place months ago and should be implemented, including those who are from the neighboring towns.
“We have to continue to protect our people and keep our economy going,” Allan said.
Last week, Magalong announced restricted access between municipalities of La Trinidad, Tuba, Tublay, and Sablan until December 4, covering the entry points of La Trinidad, and Tuba, respectively.
The order states only those residents of La Trinidad, Sablan, Tuba, and Tublay who are workers of public and private offices or establishments in Baguio, and those with medical appointments or medical emergencies will be allowed to enter the City during this period.
The same treatment will be given to residents of Sablan, Tublay, and Tuba, with the addition that they can enter Baguio to access essential goods and services on the designated schedule provided by their respective barangays.
Documents will be presented in checkpoints for residents to travel while Baguio residents are cautioned to also limit their travels to La Trinidad, Sablan, Tublay, and Tuba, while offices and establishments who have employees and workers residing in these areas are urged to implement work-from-home or alternate work arrangements during this time.
The order was met with opposition and negativity from neighboring towns with officials from the neighboring towns appealing to Baguio City to recall its order.