CEBU

New PRO 7 chief to rid office of narco cops

THE newly appointed Police Regional Office (PRO) 7 director plans to have all members of the drug enforcement unit investigated to see if any of them is involved in illegal activities.

If proven guilty, the officers will be dismissed from service and replaced.

Before taking over as the PRO 7 director, Police Brigadier General Ronnie Montejo was ordered by Philippine National Police General Debold Sinas to rid Central Visayas of erring police officers.

“The drug enforcement unit must be manned by personnel with no reported or suspected involvement in illegal drugs to ensure its integrity,” said Montejo.

For now, he has no plans to reshuffle the police officers in the region as he has seen good performance from every city and provincial police office especially in the campaign against drugs and criminality.

He also observed the exemplary leadership of General Albert Ignatius Ferro who served as PRO 7 director for over nine months and managed to nab illegal drug users amid the

pandemic.

Meanwhile, Montejo said 85 percent of the personnel stationed at the regional office will be reassigned to different police stations, while the remaining 15 percent will be in charge of clerical work. (AYB / CCP)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Create your own user feedback survey
sunstar.com.ph