BACOLOD

San Carlos health worker positive for coronavirus

A GOVERNMENT health worker from San Carlos City tested positive for the coronavirus, which he possibly contracted after attending a cockfighting event in Calatrava last week.

San Carlos City Mayor Renato Gustilo said the patient is a 64-year-old male and resident of the Barangay Palampas of the city.

Gustilo said it is still unknown if the health worker contracted the virus at the event, which was held on January 16.

The patient has since been hospitalized after displaying symptoms such as loss of taste and difficulty in breathing.

Gustilo has been urging all individuals or residents of San Carlos City who attended the cockfighting activity on January 16 to 17, 2021, held at the Laguda Cockpit Center in Calatrava to immediately get in touch with them.

Meanwhile, the Laguda Cockpit said on social media that it has temporarily closed its establishment while it undergoes sanitation and disinfection of the premises.

"Announcement on when the establishment will reopen will be made at a later time," it added.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph