BACOLOD

Nograles lauds Bacolod for allocating budget for Covid-19 vaccines

CABINET Secretary Karlo Nograles, co-chairman of the Inter-Agency Task Force on the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID), lauded the initiative of the City Government of Bacolod for allotting a budget for the procurement of vaccines against the coronavirus disease (Covid-19).

Nograles, who was in Bacolod City Monday, January 25, 2021, as guest speaker of the McDo Kitchen Program turnover of 2,000 meals at the Bacolod Government Center, said he is happy that Bacolod allotted the funds to procure the vaccines necessary.

“I am very happy to see that here in Bacolod, you have already committed the funds to procure the necessary vaccine. Congratulations Mayor Evelio Leonardia and the Bacolod City on that initiative,” he said.

In the fight against Covid-19, he added that the vaccine is a big factor to normalize the situation.

The City Government of Bacolod earlier allotted P300 million for the advance purchase of vaccines against the Covid-19.

Leonardia also signed the multilateral and confidentiality agreement with AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Philippines Inc. for the advance purchase of the vaccines.

Nograles said in terms of vaccine, it is a race worldwide.

“About 80 percent of the vaccines were already sold to the richest governments across the world, so the race now is for the remaining 20 percent,” he said.

When it comes to procuring the vaccines, he added it has to be something with the joint forces of the national government, local government and the private sector.

Nograles said the fight against Covid-19 is not so easy, but Bacolod City has passed it with flying colors.

“It’s one of the fastest-growing cities, but despite the population density, despite many challenges that are being faced by many mayors, you have [been] leading this fight very well and you [should] be emulated,” he added.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!