SAN Fernando (Pampanga) Archbishop Florentino Lavarias, who had been diagnosed with coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), was discharged from a hospital Saturday, March 6, 2021.
In a statement, Lavarias announced that he has already recovered from the dreaded disease just seven days after he contracted the virus.
"I am now doing home quarantine. I thank all those who took care of me, the doctors and hospital personnel," said Lavarias.
He also thanked everyone who offered prayers for his speedy recovery from Covid-19.
Among those he named are his family, priests, bishops, religious, seminarians, friends, and lay leaders.
"May God share with you all the graces and blessings that He continues to shower upon me at this very moment," said Lavarias.
The archbishop was taken to the hospital on February 27 after he experienced symptoms of Covid-19.
He became the ninth Filipino prelate to have been infected with COVID-19.
The other eight are Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples Prefect Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle, Manila Apostolic Administrator Bishop Broderick Pabillo, Ilagan Bishop David William Antonio, Kalookan Bishop Emeritus Deogracias Iñiguez, Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Emeritus Oscar Cruz, Imus Bishop Emeritus Manuel Sobreviñas, Cebu Archbishop Jose Palma, and Cebu Auxiliary Bishop Emeritus Antonio Rañola.
Cruz and Sobreviñas had succumbed to the disease. (HDT/SunStar Philippines)