MORE than a kilo of suspected shabu worth more than P7 million was confiscated by operatives of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) from a suspected drug pusher on Magallanes St., Barangay Ermita in Cebu City at dawn Saturday, March 6, 2021.
Anti-drug operatives arrested Carlo Magno Tude, 36, who is a resident in the area.
Major Jonathan Taneo, head of the CCPO’s City Drug Enforcement Unit (CDEU), said they learned about Tude’s illegal activities through an informant.
After three weeks of surveillance, Taneo and his operatives conducted a buy-bust against Tude.
Around 1,050 grams of suspected shabu were recovered from Tude.
Police Col. Josefino Ligan, CCPO director, told Superbalita Cebu that the amount of shabu recovered from Tude was the biggest they have recovered so far this year.
Ligan said despite the Covid-19 pandemic, illegal drug sellers continue to conduct their activities.
Ligan said Tude reportedly sourced his illegal drugs from a certain “Balu” who is currently detained at the Cebu City Jail in Barangay Kalunasan.
Meanwhile, Barangay Ermita chief Mark Miral admitted that while Tude is one of his constituents, he was not listed under the monitoring of their Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Council (BADAC).
It was the first time he had received reports that Tude was involved in illegal drugs, Miral added.
Miral said he knew Tude to be working as a courier for an online delivery service firm.
Separately, Tude admitted that he was merely serving as a drop-off point for Balu.
Balu would pay him P5,000 every time he left his illegal drug supply with him, Tude added. (BBT / JKV)