BARANGAYS in Cagayan de Oro City where pilgrimage sites are located have passed resolutions and executive orders in preparation for the observance of the Holy Week.
Acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery said among those barangays are Balubal, Cugman and Tablon.
"So far, sa atong na-monitor ang Barangay Balubal naay gi-pass nga resolution nga nag-prohibit sa pag agi sa entrance gikan sa Balubal paingon sa Guadalupe Shrine kay for closure ang ilang area," Nery said.
Barangay Cugman, on the other hand, passed a resolution prohibiting the public from doing the Station of the Cross or Via Crucis in Malasag, Nery said.
Barangay Tablon also has an executive order prohibiting the public from entering the Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine.
Meanwhile, the Misamis Oriental Provincial Inter-Agency Task Force has prohibited the observance of some religious activities from March 29 to April 3, 2021, namely: religious procession, spiritual pilgrimage through the Station of the Cross, religious street plays, and analogous activities.
Tourist destination and pilgrimage sites were advised to strictly abide by the 50 percent capacity rule in receiving visitors during the Easter Sunday on April 4.
The public, particularly those who are planning on participating in some religious activities, are reminded to observe the minimum public health protocols, such as the wearing of face mask and face shield, social/physical distancing and frequent handwashing.