THE search for the Ten Outstanding Punong Barangays in Baguio City by the Rotary Club of Metro Baguio continues despite the pandemic.
The Search Selection Committee has scheduled an unannounced visit to the different barangays in the city taking into consideration the recommendations of the concerned offices of the local government such as the Associations of Barangay Councils or ABC, Department of the Interior and Local Government-Baguio, and the Office of the Mayor.
OPB Awards 2020 Overall Chair Lyman Salvador said under the health and sanitation criteria, they will look into the efforts done by the Punong Barangays to prevent the further spread of Covid 19.
The 28th OPB Awards Criteria for Selection are:
1. Livelihood projects: 10 percent;
2. Anti-drug campaign: 10 percent;
3. Peace and Order: 10 percent;
4. Women Protection Programs: 5 percent;
5. Establishment of Barangay Human Rights Action Center: 5 percent; and
6. Health and Sanitation: 10 percent.
Also included in the criteria are:
7. Environmental Protection and Climate Change: 10 percent;
8. KatarungangPambarangay/Lupontagapamayapa: 10 percent;
9. Preparation of the Annual Budget and Development Plan: 10 percent;
10. Adoption and maintenance of parks/ infrastructure: 10 percent;
11. Monitoring and Prevention of illegal structures: 5 percent; and
12. Family background and leadership traits: 5 percent.
May the most deserving grassroots leaders be given recognition for their devotion and dedication to service.
For comments and suggestions email firstname.lastname@example.org.