THE Provincial Incident Management Team (PIMT) in Negros Occidental reminded returning Negrenses and authorized person outside residence that they are required to submit themselves for swab testing and 24-hour quarantine if they have expired test results upon arrival.
Dr. Zephard Caelian, PIMT head, made the emphasis as starting Tuesday, April 20, 2021, travels will resume after the travel moratorium ended Monday.
Caelian said the province will observe Resolution 101 of the Inter-Agency Task Force that only requires a negative swab test result 72 hours before the travel. Because of the extension of the moratorium, several travelers will have expired test results.
"This will be for the safety of everybody and this is free," he said.
He said the travel moratorium was requested by the City Government of Iloilo, but the order covered the whole Western Visayas.
Caelian reiterated that the S-Pass and Stay Safe apps are required for travelers.
Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson said so far, there are no plans for another extension of the travel moratorium.
Lacson also said Negros Occidental was classified under "high-risk areas" by the Department of Health but wondered why its request to be revert back to general community quarantine was not approved by the IATF.
Lacson also said from a three-digit figure, active cases in the province lowered to two digits this week.