THERE will be no lockdown in Cagayan de Oro despite the rise in cases of coronavirus disease (Covid-19), Mayor Oscar Moreno said on Wednesday, May 5.
Moreno, however, urged the public to stay inside their homes if they have no essential errands to go to.
"Nakasabot ko naay uban mo-suggest nga mag lockdown. Ang ako lang hangyo is kamo na lang mag lockdown sa inyong kaugalingon. We don't need laws para to combat the virus, kita ra, atong behavior," Moreno said.
"Mag lockdown ta dawbi mosaka hinoon ang virus kay naa ra sa balay nag tinakuray na," he added.
Moreno also said that people who are inside their homes should also still use protective devices and practice the minimum public health standards to avoid the spread of the novel coronavirus inside their households.
According to the data of the City Health Office, among the number of local cases in Cagayan de Oro, most of them are local cases with link or those who are close contacts of previously confirmed Covid-19 cases.
"Kung wala kay lakaw, wala kay tuyo mogawas, ayaw'g gawas. Kung naa ka sa balay, paggamit sa mga protective devices kay daghan gyud kaayo ang tinakoray diha sa sulod sa balay," Moreno said.
"Ang akong hangyo, katong gusto gyud lockdown, pag lockdown na. You can do it. Di man bawal. I would appreciate it very much. Ikaw lugar gusto ka mag lockdown, i-lockdown nimo imong kaugalingon. Makatabang kana," he added.
The mayor emphasized that a lockdown will not prevent the spread of the virus. He hoped that those who are suggesting a lockdown will realize its consequences.
As of 10 p.m. of May 4, Cagayan de Oro has a total of 5,112 confirmed Covid-19 cases, 4,675 of which are local cases.