SECTIONS
Cebu
Thursday, August 05, 2021
CEBU

P7.5B in claims paid by Philhealth-Central Visayas

THE Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth) 7 disclosed that from last year to May 27, 2021, it paid claims from various health care institutions in Central Visayas amounting to P7,582,612,550.48.

A total of P366,360,394.52 was disbursed for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in-patient coverage. Of the amount, P345,570,856.78 was paid to hospitals in Cebu; P14,101,498.66 to hospitals in Bohol; and P6,688,039.08 to hospitals in Negros Oriental, according to Dina Cinchez, PhilHealth 7 information officer.

The PhilHealth central office, in a statement, said it has enough funds to pay its obligations to its partner hospitals.

“Being a public fund, safeguards are in place based on accounting and auditing rules and regulations prior to disbursements,” it said.

Nationwide, PhilHealth, as of May 27, paid a total of P25.38 billion in claims, of which P4.88 billion was paid for Covid-19 related claims.

PhilHealth also introduced the Debit-Credit Payment Method (DCPM), where 60 percent of good “in process claims” are paid outright to qualified hospitals minus the two percent withholding tax. The remaining 40 percent is paid after claims are processed and reconciled minus the two percent withholding tax.

PhilHealth said DCPM provides hospitals sufficient cash flow to continue with their services amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

As of May 2021, PhilHealth said it has paid almost P6 billion in DCPM to 182 hospitals nationwide. (WBS)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Create your own user feedback survey
sunstar.com.ph