THE 49 construction workers who tested positive for Covid-19 remain asymptomatic.
The construction workers were transferred to the barangay isolation center (BIC) on June 14, 2021.
Cebu City Councilor Joel Garganera, deputy chief implementer of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC), said so far, the transmission has been contained and no other workers contracted the virus.
The 49 men who contracted the virus were constructing a building in Brgy. Lahug.
In a previous report, Garganera said the construction workers tested positive for Covid-19 after they took a reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test.
Taking the RT-PCR test is one of the mandatory protocols for the construction company, and it is also one of the workers’ travel, medical and back-to-work requirements.
Cebu City, as of June 17, had 495 active Covid-19 cases.
The city’s total cases have reached 24,845 with 23,483 recoveries and 867 mortalities.
The city’s positivity rate is 8.44 percent out of the 294,370 individuals tested. / JJL