MORE and more people are entering the fold of Apocalypse believers. As in, Apocalypse now. That’s what I had bet on even before the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in 1991. My perception is now even stronger that the Bible’s last book is unfolding, buttressed by mystical developments that include an explosion of supernatural apparitions reviving old prophecies and supplanting them with detailed warnings amid calls for immediate conversion.
I have shared many such warnings from credible Catholic mystics of our times, but there are prophecies dated even centuries ago.
One such mystical prophecy, with considerable following worldwide over the centuries, is attributed to St. Malachy. It’s one of my favorites.
St. Malachy, a monk, was born in Armagh, Ireland in 1094 AD. He died as he himself predicted on November 2, 1148 at Clarivaux, France. He was canonized as the first Irish saint by Pope Clement III in 1190 AD.
He wrote his most spectacular prophecies on the last 10 popes, each one catalogued with an epigrammatic verse such as “tears of the sun.”
Here, I cite only his identifying last popes, although his list started with his time. The actual names of the popes were later supplied by his followers who found uncanny conformity with the saint’s epigrammatic verse and the popes who were later elected to head the Catholic Church.
1. The Burning Fire. Pius X. 1903-1914. This Pope showed a burning passion for spiritual renewal in the Church.
2. Religion Laid Waste (Religio Depopulata). Benedict XV. 1914-1922. During his reign, communism moved into Russia where religious life was laid waste, and World War I happened.
3. Unshaken Faith. Pius XI. 1922-1939. This Pope faced tremendous pressure from fascist and sinister powers in Germany and Italy, but he was an outspoken critic of Communism and Fascism which enraged Hitler.
4. An Angelic Shepherd. Pius XII. 1939-1958. This Pope had an affinity for the spiritual world and received visions. He was later described as Angelic Pastor.
5. Pastor and Mariner. John XXIII. 1958-1963. “Pastor et Nauta” or “Pastor and sailor”. John was a pastor to the world and the Patriarch of Venice, whose waterways are famous for gondolas.
6. Flower of Flowers. “Flos Florum” Paul VI. 1963-1978. Paul’s coat-of-arms depicts three fleurs-de-lis, corresponding to Malachy’s prophecy. His coat of arms included three fleurs-de-lis (iris blossoms).
7. Of the Half Moon. “De Medietate Lanae,” or “from the half moon” John Paul I. 1978-1978. He became pope on August 26, 1978, when the moon appeared exactly half full. It was in its waning phase. He died the following month, soon after an eclipse of the moon. Some say he was murdered.
8. The Labor of the Son. “De Medietate Lunae” John Paul II. 1978-2005. Amazingly, Pope John Paul II was the only pope who was born both on the day of an eclipse of the sun and entombed on a day when the sun was eclipsed.
9. The Glory of the Olive. The olive is part of the insignia of the Benedictine Order. Benedict XVI whose chosen name undoubtedly rhymes with the prophecy.
10. PETER THE ROMAN -- The 112th prophesy states: “In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people.”
The question: Is controversial Pope Francis Peter the Roman? Some say he is, for he, while being from Argentina, has at one time declared desire to be known as Bishop of Rome. Also, in the recent prophecies of Canadian mystic Fr. Michel Rodrigue, Francis would die a martyr -- an implication that Rome, known as the seven-hilled city, would indeed be troubled some day.
St. Malachy did not see any pope beyond Peter the Roman and this is interpreted by some as ominous amid modern Catholic mystics confirm each other in apocalyptic tones. But while there is rhyme in their apocalyptic prognostications, there is also agreement that the world is not yet ending, that the tribulations that have dawned on mankind are yet to be followed by the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary that will last many more years.
Meanwhile, for its sigficance, I am sharing anew excerpts from a message from St. Michael the Archangel to Luz de Maria de Bonilla on June 12, 2021:
"I bless you in the name of the Most Holy Trinity and of our Queen and Mother. (The) People of God must remain under the protection of the Most Sacred Heart of our King and Lord Jesus Christ. In order to reach such a great goal, humanity’s authenticity is indispensable — instead of the hypocrisy of blanched sepulchers. Few human beings truly examine themselves, seeing their flaws...Few undertake the path of true conversion... Hypocrites abound among the People of God...
"Authentic conversion is urgent, which human beings refuse when they view themselves as 'gods' of non-existent virtues and gifts, being puffed up by the falsehood of their human ego. Personal works and behavior are the thermometer that, without any concealment, shouts aloud to you regarding a true interior life that has been infected with the spiritual blindness covering the Earth.
"My Celestial Legions are constantly watching over these human beings who refuse to see themselves truthfully and to take responsibility for their faults... These children of God should pause on their way; otherwise, they will proceed to deliver their brothers and sisters into the hands of the Antichrist.
"People of God, cast off the thirst for revenge that you are holding in your minds, the resentment and envy in your thinking, and the hatred in your hearts. People of God, do not only look at the good in which you believe you that you are working and behaving: this is arrogance and pride. This is how ungrateful servants behave: they do not know the King and Lord of Heaven and Earth, due to the gangrene with which their souls have been infected. Because of this, the elements will purify humanity, and the human race, oppressed by its own evil, will see itself from within, by the great Mercy of our King and Lord Jesus Christ.
"People of God, the Devil is not an invention: he exists, he robs you of your peace, he leads you to fight against one another, and he rejoices over this. O foolish creatures, you are making the Devil rejoice!
"Beloved People of God, disease will continue to drag humanity towards ever greater pain. The elite are undermining your health, death is making haste, the earth is unstable, earthquakes are arriving rapidly. Be on alert, humanity -- on alert! I have called the People of God to prayer so that every human being would ask for discernment regarding their personal works and behavior, given the proximity of the Warning and the urgency of saving your souls. Beseech the Holy Spirit for the strength necessary in order to continue in faith, given the severe and imminent events that will befall the earth and therefore humanity.
"Give thanks to God, One and Three, the protector of the innocent. Without panicking or falling into despair, the People of God are faithful to God; they walk where God has called them, trusting in Divine protection and Divine provision. My Legions are guarding you so that you would not falter. Be on alert, humanity! Be alert: convert! Do not fear: I am sent by the Most Holy Trinity to protect you for the glory of God and the salvation of souls."