SECTIONS
Cagayan De Oro
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
CAGAYAN DE ORO

CSWD denies complaints on 'ayuda,' says aid was given nonstop

THE City Government of Cagayan de Oro has not stopped providing assistance or "ayuda" to people affected by the Covid-19 pandemic since last year, the executive overseer of City Social Welfare and Development (CSWD) clarified.

This, after several Kagay-anons have complained about not receiving any aid from the City Government, especially when the city was placed under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).

"Una sa tanan, wala miundang ang gobyerno sa Cagayan de Oro sa pagpanghatag og ayuda sugod pa last year hangtod karon, padayon ang atong pagpanghatag og ayuda. Everyday ang atong operation, nanghatag og ayuda didto sa atong mga affected sa Covid," CSWD executive overseer Michael Christopher Fabello said.

"I-clarify nato, dili tinood nga wala," he added.

According to Fabello, the city has been providing assistance, like distributing relief goods to families of Covid-19 patients who were instructed to undergo the 14-day quarantine since the start of the pandemic.

Livelihood assistance were also granted together with national department agencies, he said.

"Dili ko kasabot nganong moingon ang uban nga wala'y aksyon ang Cagayan de Oro. Atong ikorek. Walay undang ang pagpanghatag og ayuda sa City Government," Fabello said.

As for the establishments and the labor force affected by the ECQ status of the city, Fabello said the city has partnered with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

Based on the data from the National Economic and Development Authority (Neda)-Northern Mindanao, as of July 15, 124 firms in the region have permanently closed, with 92 of them from Cagayan de Oro, while 1,457 firms have temporarily closed.

A total of 1,689 workers in Northern Mindanao have lost their job, with 1,260 of the displaced workers coming from Cagayan de Oro firms.

Worker affected by the temporary closure of firms are at 31,098, of which 9,323 are other services workers, 4,476 are manufacturing workers, 3,704 are wholesale/retail workers, 3,292 are construction workers, and 3,123 are accommodation workers.

A total of 676 firms implemented retrenchment or reduction of workforce, in which 331 are Cagayan de Oro firms and 100 are firm from Iligan City. Displaced workers are at 9,053.

Of the said figure, 4,361 are displaced workers from Cagayan de Oro firms, 1,158 from Iligan firms, and 1,042 are from Misamis Oriental firms.

The number of firms that implemented flexible working arrangements, on the other hand, are 2,982. Workers affected are at 109,221.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!