ELEVEN survivors of the C-130 plane crash in Patikul, Sulu have arrived at the Camp Evangelista Station Hospital (CESH) of the 4th Infantry "Diamond" Division in Barangay Patag, Cagayan de Oro City.
The injured personnel were transported by a Philippine Air Force Fokker aircraft from Zamboanga City to the former airport in Barangay Lumbia, Cagayan de Oro City.
The survivors were identified as:
1. Private Alfran Buna from Zone 6, Quibonbon, El Salvador City, Misamis Oriental
2. Private Reque Mambabao from Bukidnon
3. Private Renato Tejares from Kipalo, Kapatagan, Lanao Del Norte
4. Private Christian Joshua Pacal
5. Private Jeason Mark Balondo from Margosatubig, Zamboanga del Sur
6. Private Jonel Lagulay from Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
7. Private Christian Martorillas from Purok Pag-asa, Salawagan, Quezon Bukidnon
8. Private Olan Acolentava from Lamirande Crest, Lumbia, Cagayan de Oro
9. Private Rodiel Morales from Zone 8, Patag, Cagayan de Oro
10. Private Jon Klien Gaid from Poblacion, Gitagum, Misamis Oriental
11. Private First Class Kristopher Bulat-ag from Cagayan de Oro City
The 11 injured personnel were requested for evacuation to CESH so that their families can easily assist and take care of them while they continue to recuperate from their injuries.
Tejares and Pacal expressed their gratitude to everyone who helped them during the ill-fated C-130 crash and on the support from the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), the government and the civilian stakeholders.
"Dako akong pasalamat sa tanan nitabang namo, sa mga Cafgu og tropa kauban na ang mag sibilyan sa Patikul, sa among pamilya ug sa sa gobyerno nga wala mi pasagdi ug gipakita gyud nila ang saktong nga pag-atiman kanamo," said Mambabao.
Major General Romeo Brawner Jr., 4ID commander, visited the injured soldiers at their hospital beds.
The visit uplifted the morale and strengthened the spirit of the survivors who vowed to continue performing their mandate to serve the people and secure the land.
Brawner also lauded the courage of the injured personnel. He assured the 4ID's commitment in helping the survivors to move forward from the tragic incident.
"We are ready for whatever assistance that the victims require so that they will have speedy recovery," Brawner said.
"Our appeal to everyone is for constant prayers for the survivors’ healing and for the repose of the souls of those who lost their lives," he added.